While it’s liberating to impart wisdom unto others, nothing beats learning from others, too. And, from what I understand, I’m not the only ”wise one” in this topic. 🙄 In any case, I feel like it’s an asset to myself and my storyology peers to have a supportive place for us all to communicate on appropriate topics.
Thus, the School of Storyology is born!
If you haven’t learned from some of my posts, I’m a huge proponent of synchronous and asynchronous niche communities. Prior collaboration in a writing community has inspired me to lead a simplified version for both sides of the page (reading and writing). While not a full community, with personalized portfolios, our Reddit-like format still allows a bit of freedom. So join in!
If you do decide to participate with us, please:
- Use English. I know not everyone’s perfect, but try your best. That’s the predominate language for our participants.
- Proofread all your commentary. If you can’t even spell and punctuate, very few of us will take you seriously. Try the free Grammarly app and computer download.
- Be specific and relevant. Only talk about the topic under which you are posting. Commentary on anything else should be expressed elsewhere.
- Do not advertise or market. Unless asked about it, we’re not currently interested. There are appropriate times to share your services and products, but not outside of that.
- Avoid vulgarity and explicit/graphic content. There’s no censorship on your writing or anything, but if the commentary doesn’t absolutely call for it, it’s unnecessary (though, sometimes, it really is needed!)
- Engage and support one another. If someone is struggling, help; if someone is knowledgeable, request help; if someone is lagging in the conversation, prompt him/her. Remember, a community means we work together.
I invite any MATURE adolescent and adult to work with us (any younger may not assimilate too well). This a non-discriminatory and non-judgemental forum. Any failure to comply will commentary and membership deletion and blockage.
For once, I agree with your candid intolerance.
I’m glad you do, ‘cause it’s gonna be there even if you don’t!
Ready to share your wisdom? If so, you gotta sign up below.
Alternatively, you can view the posts without registering, but you can’t share or post. Basically, you’re just a creeper watching us all talk…